AMP's ZZzzz

Thursday, February 22, 2007

ENGAGED!!!

Sorry it's been so long. I have been so busy with work and with youth stuff at the church my fiancee works. But I have to catch everyone up because I was basically blogging boring, nothing-ness to fill the dates and didn't really have anything to blog about. So here goes BIG news to make up for it!

It was January 19th, Friday, and Andrew and my anniversary of all our "starting again" dates. It was a normal Friday except he came out to eat with me and some of the ladies from work for lunch. We had a great time, went back to work and he picked me up from work (my car was in the shop at the time-totally other story). We had to go to the church to get a permission slip for a youth for the weekend trip the next day. Then we were going to go out to eat with friends.

I was playing on the computer and Andrew said he needed to get back to the apartments to get something before we went out to eat. So we drove back and took the stairs because I live on the 2nd floor. I opened the stairwell door and he kind of shoved me out of the way for him to go up the stairs first. I called him, "rude" and kept walking as he ran up the stairs. Thinking he was trying to scare me, I walked slowly and quietly up the stairs as to listen to how far up he went.

As I turned the first corner he was whistling "you who." I said "I'm coming" and turned the second corner which leads to the 2nd floor door. As I turned, there he was squatting on the middle steps with this grin and a red velvety box in his hand with these diamonds shinning at me. And then I hear, "will you marry me?"

Taken by surprise, I stepped back a little and said, "are you serious? No way?" And he said he wouldn't joke about it he means it. So I told him yes and gave him a big hug. I was about to try the ring on and stopped and said, "wait I think you are suppose to do this part." : )

You see it all the time in movies and when it really happens you forget all the particulars and just kind of wing it. : )

So that is the BIG engagement story - we still went out with our friend for dinner that night because we love being around friends when we can be.

We are getting married in Saint Joseph, MO on September 1st, Labor Day weekend.

3 Comments:

  • Ahhhhh! Congrats!
    You have to put up a picture of the ring!
    Aww, I love the way you described it as 'you always see it in the movies but when it happens to you you kind of just wing it.'

    Im so happy for you! I know its been a long time coming!
    Yaaaaay!

    By Blogger The Creative Death, at 11:41 PM  

  • congrats! wish my proposal would have been that romantic & things would have ended differently for us

    Wishing you many happy years together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 PM  

  • congratulations!!!!!

    By Blogger sandig, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home