AMP's ZZzzz

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Can you truely get over the past

So I have a few quotes posted in my bathroom so I can remind myself of positive things while I am getting ready each morning. It actually is a great thing that helps me. One of the ones I have up there now is from Romans 12:18,
"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."
I got to thinking about people and times in my life where I have to remind myself of this. And usually the quote that follows is the other one that is on my wall from Hebrews 10:36.
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised."

So my blog tonight is this:
Are there always going to be people in your life that you never get over? People who did you wrong once, even though inside they are a good person, they just did you wrong once. Or what if they didn't really wrong YOU but someone close to you and those feelings are there? Do you ever get over those feelings towards those people?

I am thinking of a few people from my past that spark uncomfortable feelings within me whenever I encounter them, physical and nonphysical. There is a person who wronged me and his/her friends are acquaintances of mine, but these friends now rarely talk to me or acknowledge me because of the weirdness between us. I think this person feels I wronged them too (which in my eyes I TOTALLY didn't). The problem/concern I have with all of this is will this weirdness ever go away? Is it always going to be like this because of the past.

I always wondered about class reunions and such. You go back after you are all married with kids and have a great life totally better than high school life, and are friends with everyone because it all doesn't even matter anymore.

I guess my point is, I have a few people who just get to my feelings whenever I think of them or see them (picture or person) and I hate that. I don't want to have anything against anyone, even if I felt they did me, or someone close to me, wrong in the past. It's in the past and I constantly remind myself of the Romans verse, "live at peace with EVERYONE," to get my feelings away from that, but it seems to never change.

Why is it this way? Do they even feel that way about me or towards me, after all these years when they have a great life as well?

Ex's and "moment" friends (where they are only your friend for a moment and then it's gone) How do they keep such a hold on your life, your feelings, your thoughts? and I don't mean these feelings are all good ones, two of the three aren't.

Does anyone else have this problem? Am I a total clench-er who needs some therapy to deal with some past issues? Seriously, I feel like people shouldn't spark such a reaction inside of me, like they do, when it's all in the past.

So goodnight and I wait for any suggestions to help. : )

P.S.
I want to apologize for my horrible run-ons and grammar. I have never been good with English and fear I never will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home