AMP's ZZzzz

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Aunt and Bridesmaid all in one!

My sister is getting married to Steve May 13th this year in Hobbs, NM. He was born in TX but they met in Las Cruces, NM at work. He and she are here in Dallas with me and are getting excited and planning for the big day!



Back in December my sister told me she was pregnant and I was going to be an AUNT!!! I was so excited, esp. because I could finally get my first pregnant patient to adjust throughout pregnancy, YIPEE!!

We went today to her second ultrasound appointment and found out she is farther along that planned. She is 17 weeks (according to the computer) and is due at the end of July (maybe my b-day ;) ;) wink, wink) And also we were able to see his little peepee on the ultrasound.

I was so amazed at the whole thing. You saw his little heart valves flapping away and moving and then you saw his whole spine and ribs. I was so excited. I told Jessica that she has to ask for a picture of his spine next visit for me. :) You can't tell me there isn't life before birth after seeing that. NO WAY!!!

If you have never had the experience, I STRONGLY urge you to go to an OB/GYN and ask to sit in on one, if the mother doesn't mind. It is truly amazing!



This isn't her baby boy, just a pic off the internet to show. Definitely means more when you can see things move!!!

4 Comments:

  • Wow...that is amazing!! I am so happy for you...you are gonna make one heck of an aunt!! And I am way happy for Jessica too!! That is just super!! Love and Hugs all around!!

    By Blogger Katy, at 10:47 AM  

  • wow! congrats to you, jessica & her fiance! ~i~

    By Blogger Aimee, at 4:42 PM  

  • Congrats to you and your sister... and your brother in law to be! :)

    By Blogger sandig, at 8:17 PM  

  • Wow allison that so great. I Have met steve or I think it the same steve. I going to send you a e-mail soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home