AMP's ZZzzz

Sunday, June 26, 2005

A NObody!

What do you do when people you are close to treat you like you are a nobody? Like you are nothing to them, or that they can use you when they need you and, who cares about your feelings and needs, it's all about them. You give and give and sacrafice and sacrafice and all you get in return is NOTHING! I guess when you are a nothing to someone that is what you get from them.... nothing.

Maybe that is how you know what you mean to someone, is by what they treat you as in return.

If they treat you with respect and love and compassion and caring, you know they respect, love and care for and about you. If they treat you like a phone, use you when they need you and know you are always around for whatever they need so they don't have to worry about showing you that they need you around. What would happen if all of a sudden one day you just weren't there for them? IF you just decided to not be around and actually be the "nothing" they treat you as. Would they ever realize how they treat you? Would they ever realize that you actually DO mean something to them, that they actually DO need you?

Would they ever realize they treated you like you were a nothing to them and that they blew it, and may never get to make up for it again.

Is it right to do that to them? To MAKE them see what they are doing? Should you ever let them in again to possiblly, once again, treat you that way, or would they? If they say they made a mistake and realized what a treasure you are to their life and wouldn't be anywhere without you, could it truely be possible for them to fall back into seeing you as a "nothing" again?

Honestly.... that is my question. Why can it happen again, why does it happen again?

WHY?!!

......... you tell me.

3 Comments:

  • I agree with you totally. I feel the same way with my family. They take advantage of me & then when I want to do something else like get a job, I can't because they won't have anyone to take advantage of anymore.

    Alison, you are not a nobody to me. I'm glad we are friends. You've helped me through a lot.
    ~i~

    By Blogger Aimee, at 7:42 AM  

  • Allison,
    It makes me so sad to see that someone has made you feel that way. I hope you know how much you are truly loved and appreciated by me and so many other people. You are so giving and never expect anything in return and unfortunately people do take advantage of that. I just want to let you know that I respect and admire you and appreciate all you've done for me...I mean seriously, how many traffic jams and long drives have you talked me through? :) I love you and will see you tomorrow!!! Yea!!! :)

    love you,
    Steph

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

  • To conclude this.... YES it does happen again and again no matter what. That's just life and you either deal with it and stay around it or you don't and remove yourself from it. In the end, it's always your decision.

    By Blogger allison WONDERland, at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home