AMP's ZZzzz

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Dealing with the world

So I am really having to learn how to deal with people who are Christian but don't care how they live in HIS world. They live for themselves, as I know I do because I am human, and seem to only care about their actions when people question them as to their faith. How frustrating it is to me! Why can't people want to live for the Lord every day all the time in their thoughts as well as their actions? That is what is seen by the non believers and other believers alike, our actions. Wouldn't you think that that would be your first concern is how Christ in your life was being portrayed through you? Maybe I am a loner in this or a hard nose but I know that Christ wants you to live for Him and through him. Pretty sure living for myself and for MY worldly needs is not living for God.
Just something I have dealt with for a long time and it never seems to go over well with me till I can forget about it after a few days.

So just a venting blog today. Thanks.

On a better note I have an awesome patient that brought me cookies today. They are peanut butter and oatmeal. OH SO YUMMY!! So, a perk of being an intern now, doctor later. The people you help thank you by baking for you. Ahh the joys of hometown people. :) hehe.

Love ya.

2 Comments:

  • Dear Allison,

    While I understand you were venting and the question you posed was rhetorical...

    Why can't people want to live for the Lord every day all the time in their thoughts as well as their actions?

    The challenge of life is twofold:

    1) Finding something to believe in that is worth living for.

    2) Defending that belief through action in a reality that doesn't gibe with how we'd like to see it.

    In entertainment news, Sarah Michelle Gellar is signed on to star in a horror suspense movie based on Alice in Wonderland. Thought you might be interested in this because of your name.

    In Lewis Carroll's classic story it is Alice's belief in herself that anchors her and holds her sansity in world that isn't her own.

    We are all in Wonderland. From the Christian to the anarchist to the hollywood fanatic. What we believe in will be met by a reality that doesn't match. We can't all be Alice though.

    Why can't people want to live for their belief (be it Lord, Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Golden Calf)? People want to live for what they believe in but Wonderland makes it very hard. Not everyone escapes.

    All the best.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 AM  

  • Thank you. Very good.

    By Blogger allison WONDERland, at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home