AMP's ZZzzz

Friday, November 11, 2005

Learn a Lesson!

This might sound like a good idea to some, at least to me it did, but IT'S NOT!

I went walk/jogging this evening and had my cd player (yes still old school) in one hand and water bottle in the other, so where do I put my door key? I have no pockets but (*ding-light off in head*) I DO have a draw string on my pants! "Sweet," I thought, "That is perfect!" I am jogging and walking along and checking my key ever so often, also hearing it clink against the plastic on the tip of the string (like the tip of a shoe lace-plastic) every once in a while. It took me 15 min. to get to the park and I walk/jogged till I had about 41 min. of time to head back (knowing I would be tired and not jog some of the way and walk slower). I head back and get all the way BACK to my apt. complex and look down to notice my draw string is partially untied and THERE IS NO KEY!!!!!
Needless to say, I turned around and retraced my steps - ALL THE WAY back to the park, ALL THE WAY around the track and ALL THE WAY back home - and no key. I prayed the whole time, "God please just let it be out in plain sight. Please just let me find it even if it's after I have walked a mile around the track again and am back at the apt. Please, Please!"
Nope, no key after an hour extra of walking. (Man my butt is going to be lookin gooooood!) - oh...well it will take more than that. : ) ANYways.....
I was trying to figure out what to do. My neighbors are all gone and the only thing I can think of is my kitchen window is cracked.

*Side note*
I just finished telling my dad this weekend that my window is safe to be cracked because there are two panes and the way one latches you can't get in.
*End note*

LUCKILY I was wrong, and it was easy to get in through my window. Glad, because I had plans to go out and didn't have my phone to call and cancel or be late. From now on, though, the WINDOW IS SHUT!

So the moral of the story is:

  • DON'T go walking with your key tied to your draw string, just put it under your mat.
  • DON'T leave your kitchen window open thinking no one can/would get in unless you have tried it yourself.
  • Thank the Lord for making you naive at times in your life because it might just be that very thing to get you through a situation that seems to have no entrance.

*haha funny thought, "When God closes a door, He opens a window.) HILARIOUS!!! What a sense of humor The Big Guy in the Sky has. I know He sure gets a LOAD of laughs off of me and my life. I sure do!

Take care and be aware!

4 Comments:

  • haha, nice.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog...and I must say, the bit about 'dont belive that no one can get in through your kitchen window unless you have tried it yourself.'
    Thats just purely awesome advice!

    I too find God's sense of humor to be absolutely hysterical at points.
    He's great with the well placed bits of irony.

    By Blogger The Creative Death, at 11:12 PM  

  • thanks for commenting to my blog! :) would you have any suggestions for a "religion" to look into? i was brought up catholic, i don't feel that its right for me. but i know that being christian is... i believe in GOD! there are too many wonderful/awesome things in the world NOT to.. that's why i can't devote myself (fully)to buddah... great concepts or not.. he was mortal and i can't look to him as GOD or A GOD!
    A~

    By Blogger ~Manda, at 9:02 AM  

  • you are a goofball... :)and i so appreciate how transparent you are. i am still looking for that open window -and laughed out loud when i read your story.

    thank you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:49 AM  

  • Thanks for the insight. I needed a smile after today.

    it's good to hear that things are going good for you. ~i~

    By Blogger Aimee, at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home